- Member mtg: Tues, July 14, 10 AM at ISWS, Speaker: TBA (Google map)
- Board mtg: Tues, July 14, 1 PM, at IAWC, 1406 Cardinal Court,Urbana (map)
- RWSPC releases 2015 Update: RWSPC released it water plan update and a water demand report, more info
- RWSPC Stakeholders Mtg: July 24, at the Davis Lodge overlooking Lake Bloomington, Hudson IL, more info, Google map and sponsorship opportunity.
- Water Well clinic: attend the water well clinic on June 25, Hilton Garden Inn, Champaign, more info
- New address: MAC has a new address: P.O. Box 17402, Urbana, IL 61803-17402
- News-Gazette report: Plans to protect Mahomet Aquifer moving foward, April 22
- Sole Source Aquifer: On March 11, USEPA designated a portion of the Mahomet Aquifer system as a sole source aquifer. More info.
- Water use: Estimated Use of Water in the United States in 2010: USGS finds water use at 355 BGD in 2010, drops 13% from 2005. Read the full report or the 2-page fact sheet.
- News-Gazette commentary: Future remains unclear for Mahomet aquifer
- WOTUS: Waters of the U.S.-- review Lauren Lurkins Powerpoint that she presented at the Sept 16 MAC mtg. More info-- read AWWA's report on the topic or review the USEPA website
- USEPA halts permit review: USEPA suspends its review of the permit application for storing chemical waste at the Clinton landfill-- Herald-Review report
- PCBs banned: Quinn bans PCBs from Clinton landfill-- SJR report, N-G report
- NSF CZO:NSF funds critical zone observatory in the upper Sangamon River basin.
- PCBs: Aquifer site is poor location for PCB disposal Pantagraph, May 8
- Clean Water Act: USEPA hosts free webcast on "Waters of the U.S. Proposed Rule" from 1-3pm ET, April 7. Read the proposed rule here.
Water Conservation Spotlight:
Water Well sealing
- Unused or abandoned wells can be a conduit for surface contaminants to travel from the ground to the aquifer. Sealing these abandoned wells will reduce this risk. See this UI Extension Land & Water Note for more info.
- Observe a water well sealing on June 25, more info
- IDPH fact sheet on abandoned wells.